W is for Warby Parker
Posted on Saturday October 11, 2014
I’ve been a little MIA, because I was sick, again! It sucks, but not as bad as the last time (No food poisoning this time)!
Anyways, I recently has a new eye prescription so of course I had to get new frames. I’ve always wanted to buy some glasses from Warby Parker, but was afraid to buy them online. However, Dallas now has a Warby Parker boutique! So needless to say I went last weekend and got fitted for a pair of glasses. I had about 5 they I REALLY liked! I settled (for now) on a pair of somewhat hipster, yet normal looking square-ish/rectangle glasses called in Seymour in the color Whiskey Tortoise.
I paid a total of $125, there are no taxes! I assume because when you go to the boutique they end up ordering them online (New York store), however, they also measure you eyes. These are seriously the CHEAPEST pare of glasses I’ve ever worn, yet don’t feel or look cheap. I’ve had high end designer glasses that have cost close to $1000 for the same results and quality.
I will be going back and ordering 1 more pair of glasses, just because. Also going back to the optometrist and get fitted for contacts, even though I don’t really like them, but when you are paying for insurance every month, I might as well get the most of it.
Here are some photo’s of how my glasses came and me wearing them:
Until next time,
P.S.: Will you or have you bought any Warby Parker glasses before?
W is for Walmart Beauty Box!
Posted on Saturday September 27, 2014
Yes, you read that right. Walmart has a beauty box! Unlike other beauty box programs, Walmart’s is only $5 per box, however, you only receive 4 throughout the year. You basically get everything for free, but pay for the shipping.
Why only 4? Well because they only ship 1 box per season. I received my Fall box a few days ago and have been using the stuff. My favorite sample had to be the L’Oreal YouthCode Pore Vanisher. It’s basically the compatible with the Porefection from Benefits. There were only 3 products that were full size and those were Covergirl Nailpolish, Secret Deodorant, and the L’Oreal Glossy Balm. I liked every product, even how the Nicki Minaj perfume.
Do you want a beauty box that won’t cost you more than $20 a year? Sign up here: https://beautybox.walmart.com
Disclaimer: I paid for this subscriptions with my own money and was not paid to post a review. All opinions are my own.
B is for Birthday!
Posted on Friday September 26, 2014
Hi Readers! Guess who’s birthday?!
Yeah, it’s my 25th birthday today!
Mid Twenties officially and a Quarter Century Old.
Expect Updates of the weekend!
Stop playing with my emotions! It’s already in Dallas 😩. #fedex #iphone6 #AppleFriday
My #iphone6 is in Fort Worth!🙌 can’t wait for Friday! #preorder #iphone #Apple
Pre-Ordered My iPhone 6!!
Posted on Friday September 12, 2014
I ordered my iPhone 6 in Gold 64gb! I can’t wait to get it. It was honestly the only size and color left to receive on launch date at the AT&T store. I was going to order it online, but then I new no one was going to be home so I decided of it to be shipped to the store. The Apple store isn’t taking in-store pre-orders which sucks. Also, they don’t let you ship-to-store if you are doing the AT&T Next program, which also sucks.
Now I just have to wait a week for me to use my new iPhone. EXCITED!
S is for September’s Birchbox!
Posted on Thursday September 11, 2014
Today my Birchbox finally came in after tracking it since I got the email last week that it had shipped!
I’m super excited for this box because I knew I’d be getting a Macadamia product. I have tested most of the products besides the TEMPTU highlighter.
Let’s go by the list of products and my review on each.
- Avéne Face Cleanser- I loved the product, especially because of my sensitive skin. However, I didn’t love nor hate the smell. It smells a little like baby powder, which I never liked the smell. Overall I still will use it, the smell wouldn’t put me off from using it.
- Harvey Prince |Spritz- This fragrance smells something Marc Jacobs’s Daisy products would smell. It starts smelling VERY STRONG like the women’s scent at Hollister Co., but it eventually just leaves you with a floral and fruity scent. I liked, it but I personally wouldn’t buy the full version. I’m more of a Chanel Mademoiselle, Gucci Premier, and Dolce & Gabana Light Blue kind of girl.
- Macadamia Professional Healing Oil Spray- Y’all this stuff is LIFE! I was already before, but never tried this particular product. It’s a life saver for curly hair girls. GO BUY IT.
- TEMPTU- haven’t used this, but the pigment looks like it would be very noticeable on my skin tone, because it’s darker than my slightly tanned face.
- Tocca- I’m a sucker for lotions, I mean I have endless supplies of the Stress Relief- eucalyptus spearmint lotion from Bath and Body Works. This one is very smooth and creamy without feeling “heavy”. I hate when lotions feel heavy on me or leave a greasy residue. I liked this item.
- Bonus- Chapstick.- I’ve never been a fan of Chapstick mostly because I’m a regular, everyday, never leave the house with lipstick. I’ve done a post before about this, I think I now have over 12 lipsticks in different shades of red-plum shades form Chanel and Tom Ford. I liked this Chapstick however, and no not because it was free, but I feel like they changed the formula. It doesn’t leave that sticky residue I usually felt on my lips when my mom made me wear it when I was younger for chapped lips. It’s definitely changed since then, and I like it. Will be using it this winter since my lips tend to dry very easily from the cold wind.
What did you get in your birchbox? Let me know!
Until next time,
F is for Fall Fashion
Posted on Wednesday September 10, 2014
Fall is 12 days away and believe it or not, but we are getting a cold front here in Dallas! Not a big one, but it will leave the temperatures this weekend in the 70s!
I for one love Fall weather, and it has nothing to do that my birthday is just 4 days after the start of fall ;). I love scarves, boots, cardigans, and overall just layering. I love cable knit sweater like no other, I bought one the other day, it’s slouchy and oversized; so comfy!
These are some looks that i got from Pinterest that I’m definitely going to replicate I have most of the pieces, except for the leather pants, which I’m planning to buy maybe this weekend. Rock & Republic makes some faux ones that I’m willing to buy. They have really nice ones at J.Crew, but the sticker price is about $400! Yikes! Sure, I spend $100 on a pair of designer jeans, but leather no thanks! I’ll go for the faux, you know save the animals and all that. (Disclaimer, PETA probably hates me cause I have rabbit and fox fur scarves and most if not all my shoes are all leather.)
Pictures from Pinterest
These were my favorite looks! What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
B is for Bridal Shower
Posted on Tuesday September 9, 2014
In a previous post, I mentioned being busy planning. I’m the Maid of Honor in my cousins wedding and I’m throwing her a Bridal Shower in 2 months. We had talked about it before, but I never realized how it just sort of crept up on me!
Considering her wedding theme is somewhat country/winter theme, I decided to go more towards the country chic theme. I took inspiration in burlap, mason jars, and lace, as you can see in the picture below.
We are southern - we do like our tea and lemonade, so that’s what I’ll be serving, perhaps some alcohol as well. Whiskey and tequila anyone? Ha!
Anyways, I’m busy wheeling and dealing on how to tackle this event along with upcoming birthdays (mines as well), thanksgiving, movie premieres, wedding, concerts, and oh yeah, WORK!
What do you think of my country chic theme? Let me know!
Someone wants to play. #shihtzu #DoesntLetMomWork #dogsofinstagram #puppycut
M is for Maid Of Honor.
Posted on Sunday September 7, 2014
Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been quite MIA lately, I’ve been busy stalking Pinterest and pinning pictures for ideas on a bridal shower.
This year I’m maid of honor at my cousins wedding! It’s pretty cool, however it’s kind of sucks when the bride lives in Houston, I live in Dallas, and the wedding will be in Austin on 12-13-14 (clever date, right?). Oh, I also got to mention the bridesmaid’s live everywhere in between those 3 cities!
Can you see my dilemma? It’s hard to get a count of who to invite, so I’ve been busy with decorations, invitations, getting confirmation from my cousin (the bride), change of bachelorette place (meaning city), blogging and oh yeah, my social life.
I’ll be back with some stuff to show off later this week!
Calling all lifestyle bloggers
Posted on Sunday August 31, 2014
Give me shout or like/reblog this. I’m in desperate need of some active blogs to follow! xo